Bakersfield Camaro Club
Bakersfield Camaro Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Areas
 Wanted or For Sale
 Free Vintage Camaro Rims
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Topic  

gvan29
Crew Chief

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  2:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit gvan29's Homepage Send gvan29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a set of stock Camaro rims that I will give to any club member who wants to come get them! These rims originally shipped on late second 2nd gen Camaros between approximately 1973 and 1981. There also shipped on some Novas during that period. My car is a 1971 so they were not original. I now have new rims for my car and I have no place to store them! Because these are out of production vintage rims I donít want to just chuck them. I would prefer that they go to someone who can use them! At the very least I would like to find someone who already has these rims on there car and would like some spares.

The rims are in decent condition and could be improved even more with a fresh coat of paint. They were on my car until just a few weeks ago. Please have them professionally checked at a tire shop before using them or purchasing tires, etc. Some of these old steel rims can get bent over the years. I have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with these rims but I have not had them checked so I wanted to put that disclaimer out there!

They are steel rims. I actually have 5 rims. One needs paint. I think it was a spare. I always though that they were 14 inches in diameter. However, I just measured them and they were 15.25 inches wide from one outer lip to the other. Iím not sure if Iím measuring them correctly so they could be 14ís or 15ís. Also, they were 8 inches wide according to my tape measure. If you know how to measure them properly then let me know and I will break out the tape measure again!

I have at least 8 trim rings some of which are slightly different sizes (Iím not sure why). I suspect that there were slight variations in these rims over the years with different back spacing or widths. That would explain the slight variations in trim ring depth.

I have at least 8 center caps. Four of the center caps have the round black insert and 4 of them do not. The caps without the black centers are all silver and were used on earlier model cars.

I also have lots of extra little square chrome inserts.

I have not taken a full inventory of all the extra parts in a while but I could if someone needs more specifics. I do not have tires to go with the rims. They were to warn out to be safely used anymore.

This page has some more info on these rims. However, I have seen some slightly conflicting info from other sources. Please do you only originality research. You must be logged in to see this link.

Later,
Greg

Here are some pictures of the rims when they were on my car a few weeks ago.
[img]http://www.mathgv.com/other/old_rims1.jpg[/img]

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

RedDragon
Pit Crew

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile Send RedDragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Greg, I wanted to see if you still had your rims around? I've been looking for a set. Thanks, Cody Grant
Go to Top of Page

gvan29
Crew Chief

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  09:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit gvan29's Homepage Send gvan29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still have the rims and I'm still giving them away for free. What type of car do you have? I heard you were at the last club meeting. Unfortunately I could not make it. My email address is info@mathgv.com

Later,
Greg
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Bakersfield Camaro Club © 2000-08 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2